Salary: £30-£35,000 p.a
Who are Millboard?
Millboard is a UK-based decking and cladding solutions manufacturer with an expanding international presence. We passionately believe our “Live. Life. Outside.” value proposition is the best in the world - and is reinforced by a unique and patented technology that is positively disrupting and resonating in the market. Inspired by nature but designed to outperform others in terms of look and feel, long-term durability, and cost of ownership, Millboard’s portfolio is truly unique.
An Investors in People winner, we have a genuinely team-focused culture that empowers us all to succeed together – Join one of the fastest-growing and most innovative companies in Britain and be part of a dynamic and supportive environment that offers a host of generous benefits for people who want to be the best they can be.
We’ve also been awarded the accolade of being one of the Top 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain by the London Stock Exchange, while BDO’s Growth Barometer recently placed Millboard in the Top 50 fastest growing companies in Coventry & Warwickshire.
What’s the role?
Millboard is an ambitious business – we aim to lead the market that we operate in and have seen success in recent years through innovative new products that address clients pain points and deliver business growth. We manufacture and supply a range of different decking and cladding products that create the desire for clients to have an enjoyable outdoor living experience. Our products are used in conjunction with other construction products, so it is critical that they work together and have all relevant parties in mind when being designed (Client, architect, installer, surveyor).
This position involves being a support to the Technical Product Manager globally in assisting with setting product standards, ensuring product compliance and bringing new products to the market, working closely with Product Development and Product Marketing as well as collaborating with all other relevant departments. The role will include helping to write product specifications through marketing and customer needs research, helping product development with technical / legislative detailing, researching product compliance and arranging product testing in the UK and internationally, facilitating the creation of relevant technical documentation and then finally helping to run product training sessions with internal and external clients.
Millboard is committed to bringing new products to the global market, therefore there will be support provided by technical product specialists in each region to help with the product compliance pathway and regional specific knowledge.
- Support the Technical Product Manager with whatever is needed to help the growth of the business
- Continually develop Industry knowledge, complete horizon scanning to keep updated with relevant regulations needed and know-how
- Ability to work well with internal teams, including product development, production, engineering, quality, sales, marketing and operations. Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations.
- Understand, research, and follow trends in the industry and in general. Able to assess emerging products and companies to measure their potential value or threat to the company and its products.
- Assist in researching product compliance globally through the support of regional specific product specialists, then help to arrange and run the testing needing to achieve the compliance.
- Follow competitors and conduct capability analysis regularly.
- Work with external suppliers on helping to design new products that are more technically focused.
- Arrange product testing for new and existing products.
- Assist in the creation of installation and technical manuals for current and new products, ensure that such manuals are kept up to date.
- Research global markets to understand the local methods, for the technical manuals to be relevant and accurate.
- Arrange drawings of new and existing products, from tolerance drawings for Quality through to drawings used in install guides, in the correct format for the necessary purpose.
Your Background and Experience
- KPI and target driven
- Practical and hands-on
- Excellent product & application technical knowledge
- Excellent at research and able to identify relevant / appropriate information
- Open and honest attitude to all
- Upholding company ethos and responsibilities
- Willing to learn and develop and an enthusiastic ‘Can do’ attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Proven ability of meeting and exceeding internal and external stakeholder requirements
- Ability to adapt and respond to change, especially when explaining technical information to customers and colleagues alike
- Able to demonstrate ability to achieve objectives and exceed expectations
What’s in it for you?
When you join Millboard you’ll be joining an organisation that lives and thrives by its values, and will give you every opportunity to be the best you can be. You’ll be surrounded by like-minded people who are all passionate, supportive and dedicated to their craft.
We look forward to your application!