Job Title: Quality Engineer
Purpose: The Quality Engineer is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of all Quality documentation, procedures, testing and control of the manufacturing process.
Scope: The Quality Engineer must be able to demonstrate they are able to work and communicate effectively to all levels within the organisation, up to and including Directors. Reporting directly to the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer is responsible for improving and maintaining the Quality System to ensure Continuous improvement and Customer Satisfaction.
Please note that this job description is intended only to act as a guide to the requirements of this role and is not an exhaustive list. As such all job descriptions are non-contractual and may be subject to review and amendment. The Company and management reserve the right to require you to undertake reasonable duties and tasks which are not detailed below.
• Handling Issues as they arise.
• Reviewing operating procedures for effectiveness.
• Product Audits
• Process Audits
• Training and assessment of operators
• Reporting on Quality Indices
• Dealing with supplier issues
• Produce presentations when required
• Introduce and maintain Quality Documentation
• All other duties as assigned
The competencies listed are appropriate to the Quality Engineer and are an illustration of the qualities that the Company requires.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience within a manufacturing environment
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Quality Engineer
• Excellent Knowledge of 5 core tools, APQP, SPC, Control Plans, FMEA, MSA.
• Green belt six sigma certified preferred
• Engineering Qualifications.
• Audit experience
• Experience of a high volume, fast paced environment
• Ability to lead and make decisions
• Ability to support and develop a team to achieve results
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent computer skills.
• Ability to persuade and influence at all levels
• Ability to analyse and report data effectively
• Ability to understand and deliver strategies
• Excellent planning and organisation skills
• Proven ability of meeting and exceeding internal and external stakeholder requirements
• Ability to adapt and respond to change
• Able to demonstrate ability to achieve objectives and exceed expectations
• Applicants must have a full UK driving licence
- 6 weeks holiday per annum including Bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eyecare Contributions
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Note to applicants – Once we have received your completed application, this will be reviewed against set criteria for the role. Due to the volume of applications received, if you do not hear back after 2 weeks please assume on this occasion that unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.