Who are Millboard?
Millboard is a UK-based decking and cladding solutions manufacturer with an expanding international presence. We passionately believe our “Live. Life. Outside.” value proposition is the best in the world - and is reinforced by a unique and patented technology that is positively disrupting and resonating in the market. Inspired by nature but designed to outperform others in terms of look and feel, long-term durability, and cost of ownership, Millboard’s portfolio is truly unique.
An Investors in People winner, we have a genuinely team-focused culture that empowers us all to succeed together – Join one of the fastest-growing and most innovative companies in Britain and be part of a dynamic and supportive environment that offers a host of generous benefits for people who want to be the best they can be.
We’ve also been awarded the accolade of being one of the Top 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain by the London Stock Exchange, while BDO’s Growth Barometer recently placed Millboard in the Top 50 fastest growing companies in Coventry & Warwickshire.
What’s the role?
The prototype Engineer’s main role is to assist the product development team with the coordination and creation of innovative product prototypes for development and testing. You’ll be happy to get hands on and assist in the design, development, prototyping and testing of new product innovations.
At Millboard, Product Development is essential to the growth and reach of the Millboard brand presence and recognition in the rapidly growing market. The introduction of new products and ongoing developments of current portfolio products is key to establishing popular demand and dominance in the premium global cladding and decking space.
We’re searching for an experienced prototype engineer to help us maintain our position as an innovative authority and ensuring project progression.
- Accountable for production of product prototypes in line with design specifications.
- Feedback design / manufacturing feasibility to Product Development Team.
- Collaborate with product team and the rest of the business to ensure successful prototype and testing - actively responsible for proactive action management, risk assessment and contributing to solution development. Record and provide feedback and advice to design teams on test results.
- Accountable for creating, organising and controlling build and test documentation.
- Accountable for demonstrating company behaviours and values
- Seek development opportunities and experiment with new approaches and practices to stay current in the prototype and laboratory engineering environment.
- Paint trials-spraying, mixing colours/paints, liaising with suppliers on trial/sample colours
- Machine trials-casting/pouring, ratio checks,
- Hand mixing materials, trialling new materials and testing new materials
- Writing reports on results of trials and next steps
- Lab and machine servicing and keeping the lab clean
- Material change overs on machines
- Responsible for the consumable stocks in the lab
- Finding solutions for new applications and materials on how to process them and test them
- Installing/photographing trial parts and ideas during and post trial
- Speaking with external parties and finding new ways to do things, processes, application, equipment
Your Background and Experience
- Experience within a production environment
- Experience in using spray machinery
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of file management
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Strong communication & organizational skills
- Strong change management and problem solving skills
What’s in it for you?
When you join Millboard you’ll be joining an organisation that lives and thrives by its values, and will give you every opportunity to be the best you can be. You’ll be surrounded by like-minded people who are all passionate, supportive and dedicated to their craft. As well as our amazing culture we also offer a host of generous benefits including -
- 30 days holiday per annum, including bank holidays
- Pension matched to 5%
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eyecare Contributions
- Free Parking
- Discounted rates for employees, friends and family of all Millboard products
We look forward to your application!