Salary £40-£45,000 per annum
What’s the role?
The Maintenance Engineer with an electrical bias will be responsible for the overall maintenance and repair of the manufacturing site to ensure production interruptions are kept to a minimum, in addition to working on the installation and commission of a new manufacturing facility.
You’ll be required to take a lead role in the evaluation of maintenance processes, developing improvements, improving efficiency and product/process assurance.
This is a night shift role, 3 x 12 hour shifts per week – 6pm – 6am Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.
Who are Millboard?
Millboard is a UK-based decking and cladding solutions manufacturer with an expanding international presence. We passionately believe our “Live. Life. Outside.” value proposition is the best in the world - and is reinforced by a unique and patented technology that is positively disrupting and resonating in the market. Inspired by nature but designed to outperform others in terms of look and feel, long-term durability, and cost of ownership, Millboard’s portfolio is truly unique.
An Investors in People winner, we have a genuinely team-focused culture that empowers us all to succeed together – Join one of the fastest-growing and most innovative companies in Britain and be part of a dynamic and supportive environment that offers a host of generous benefits for people who want to be the best they can be.
We’ve also been awarded the accolade of being one of the Top 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain by the London Stock Exchange, while BDO’s Growth Barometer recently placed Millboard in the Top 50 fastest growing companies in Coventry & Warwickshire.
- Responding to equipment breakdowns and concerns
- Completion of reactive mechanical and electrical maintenance tasks
- Conducting planned maintenance (PM) in line with the maintenance schedules to include recording any reactive actions that are required.
- Performing condition based monitoring (CBM) of equipment
- Ensure that spare parts are available to perform maintenance and improvement activities, to include selection and ordering or parts
- Analysis of plant and equipment to identify key areas for performance improvement, to include data generated through the Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
- Assists with planning and implementing plant improvements and expansions
- Update the Maintenance Systems (CMMS) as required to ensure traceability of actions
- Maintains safety, health and environmental policies and procedures and is a role model for safety in the workplace.
- Communicates directly with operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas
Your Background and Experience
- Previous experience in a maintenance capacity in a manufacturing environment is essential with a bias toward electrical experience
- A relevant Engineering Qualification (Mechanical or Electrical) to Level 3 is essential.
- IPAF is desirable
- A Health and Safety Qualification such as IOSH Manging Safely is Desirable
- Detailed knowledge of maintenance processes
- Proven evidence of a hands-on approach in previous roles
- Experience within continuous improvement environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Ability to be able to prioritise, adapt and respond to change
- Applicants must have a full UK driving licence
What’s in it for you?
When you join Millboard you’ll be joining an organisation that lives and thrives by its values, and will give you every opportunity to be the best you can be. You’ll be surrounded by like-minded people who are all passionate, supportive and dedicated to their craft. As well as our amazing culture we also offer a host of generous benefits including -
- Pension matched to 5%
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eyecare Contributions
- Free Parking
- Discounted rates for employees, friends and family of all Millboard products
We look forward to your application!