Purpose: The HSE Manager will be responsible for driving Health, Safety and Environment awareness across Millboard. The successful candidate will need to provide professional health, safety and environmental advice to both our sites, ensuring that risks are effectively identified, managed and monitored. This role is designed to add value to Millboard by coaching managers and employees to engage in sound HSE working practices and identifying areas of improvement within the Company.
Scope: Reporting directly to the Operations Director, the candidate is required to take a lead role on all HSE duties across Millboard, working closely with departments and assisting line managers to understand their goals and accountabilities in relation to HSE. Please note that this job description is intended only to act as a guide to the requirements of this role and is not an exhaustive list. As such all job descriptions are non-contractual and may be subject to review and amendment. The Company and management reserve the right to require you to undertake reasonable duties and tasks which are not detailed below.
• Encouraging innovative ways of working and challenging existing operational practices to continually enhance and drive HSE excellence
• Supporting the creation and delivery of strategic HSE activities
• Supporting the delivery and revision of key site documentation
• Responsible for frontline HSE advice across the site
• Owning and driving a culture of safety onsite
• Motivating, coaching and encouraging all personnel in HSE matters
• To assist in ensuring that Millboard operates within its environmental permits and other permissions and that significant breaches and risks are brought to the company’s attention
• Monitor and update the key schedules where specified
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual company HSE reports for Directors/Senior Management
• Manage critical suppliers’ audits and internal processes to minimise HSE risk
• Defining and delivering appropriate HSE training interventions within the business to ensure employees are competent to deliver their accountabilities
• Conducting risk reviews and gap assessments to identify non-conformance and address areas of concern
• Ensuring that serious incidents are thoroughly investigated both internally and with insurers to determine root cause, prevent recurrence and identify areas of improvement
• Managing and handling internal, third party (sub-contractor) and external audits; managing and responding to external stakeholders as required
• Review, monitor, analyse and report HSE metrics, objectives and targets for business improvement
• Management of Annual Health Surveillance & Occupational Health referrals
• Ensuring the company is compliant on all legislative requirements
• Developing and implementing HSE systems and processes and ensuring they are followed
• Ensuring the safety of all employees and visitors on site
The competencies listed are appropriate to the HSE Manager and are an illustration of the qualities that the Company requires.
• Previous hands on HSE experience as an HSE Advisor/HSE Manager within a manufacturing environment, preferably with an engineering background.
• Understanding of chemical use & COSHH
• NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
• Membership of IOSH (minimum Chartered)
• To be fully conversant with ISO 9001, 14001, 45001
• Strong practical understanding of relevant UK Health, Safety & Environmental legislation
• Ability to lead and make decisions.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to persuade and influence at all levels
• Ability to analyse and report data effectively
• Excellent planning and organisation skills
• Ability to adapt and respond to change
• Able to demonstrate ability to achieve objectives and exceed expectations
• Applicants must have a full UK driving licence
• 22 days holiday per annum plus Bank holidays
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Eye care Contributions
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Note to applicants – Once we have received your completed application, this will be reviewed against set criteria for the role. Due to the volume of applications received, if you do not hear back after 2 weeks please assume on this occasion that unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.