Job Title: Commercial Director
Purpose: Due to the continued success at Millboard, we have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a proven, ambitious Commercial Director to join our team! As commercial Director your main duties are to help the business to identify, develop, and implement commercial strategies based on our company targets and objectives. With the focus being on new opportunities, and ensuring market fit of products and services based on current sector trends and anticipated future market developments.
Scope: The candidate must be able to demonstrate strategic thinking as well as a hands-on approach, delivering tactics daily. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the candidate is required to manage the delivery of all NPD, Product, and commercial marketing activity for Millboard. The successful candidate will benefit from great career prospects at Millboard as the business grows and the opportunity to work for an ambitious global brand, as an integral part of our journey to growth and success. It is important that this candidate is aligned to our strong company values:
• Care and Compassion
• Honesty and Integrity
• Energy and Passion
• Excellence and Innovation
• Safety by choice
• Develop, drive, and deliver the NPD process.
• Manage the Product and Category lifecycle.
• Cladding gap analysis and management
• Own and deliver market research and analysis.
• To work collaboratively and in conjunction with the Sales & Marketing Directors.
• Improve global brand alignment through quality control and consistency with UK, export, and marketing.
• Manage and implement product standards and accreditation.
• Manage and implement commercial and specification marketing and tools.
• Support and assist the legal, compliance and policy team.
• Develop and drive supplier and customer contract negotiation strategy.
• Manage the pricing strategy.
• Develop, own and drive product launch and introductions.
• Additional duties as assigned
• Of the highest integrity and professional ethics
• At least 4 years’ experience in a manufacturing business, in a senior role
• Committed to compliance with statutory requirements
• Hardworking, thorough, with a very high standard of accuracy
• Very commercially aware
• Hunger to continuously learn and develop
• Able to communicate effectively with staff at all levels and in all departments
• Knowledge, experience and presence to command respect
• Finisher who can be relied on and trusted
• Able to stand back, analyse, suggest improvements and implement them successfully
• Able and willing to give input and assistance to all departments of the businesses
• Keen to help the company in the transition to a respected Global organisation
• Financially astute
- 22 days holiday per annum plus Bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eyecare Contributions
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Note to applicants – Once we have received your completed application, this will be reviewed against set criteria for the role. Due to the volume of applications received, if you do not hear back after 2 weeks please assume on this occasion that unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.