North England – Full territory is finally to be confirmed, but it is likely to be Northern England – as far north as Newcastle and as far south as Chesterfield and anywhere East-West in between. Ideal location of candidate would be Manchester to Leeds.
To maximise the sales development and maintain stable business relationships in the assigned region through face to face & telephone contact
The candidate must be able to demonstrate they are able to work with and communicate at all levels with customers within the region. Reporting directly to the Regional Sales Manager, the candidate is required to build solid business relationships, develop sales potential & maximise sales whilst gaining a market knowledge through work with Marketing and Lead Generation to further the region. There will also be a need to spend much time with existing stockists and distributors to maintain existing relationships and to product taring staff. Will need to work with Regional Internal Sales and Regional Projects colleagues to develop the sales region and will be required to conduct face to face visits to clients. When not on the road, the candidate would be expected to make phone calls to book visits & meetings and may also have to assist with other forms of telephone work from time to time such as sample follow ups. Please note that this job description is intended only to act as a guide to the requirements of this role and is not an exhaustive list.
As such all, job descriptions are non-contractual and may be subject to review and amendment. The Company and management reserve the right to require you to undertake reasonable duties and tasks which are not detailed below.
- Build and develop business relationships whilst upholding brand reputation
- Work within the regional team to hit regional sales targets
- Visiting Merchant and Resellers to build sales relationships, managing appropriate merchandising and product train staff
- Visit contractors and developers on site to help with best practice for installations
- Presenting technical information and solutions to Architects/Contractors, and supporting negotiation where appropriate
- Working with Lead Generation, Internal Sales and Projects team to optimise regional sales including setting own appointments
- Conduct annual reviews for Approved Installers
- Continually develop industry knowledge, regulations needed and know-how
- Work with marketing to maximise potential and gain market insight
- Maximise office time by utilising the telephone and report on company systems
- Complete daily KPI reports and visit feedback on time
- Manage your calendar and book appointments with clients both F2F and online through Microsoft Teams/Zoom
- All other duties as assigned
- The competencies listed are appropriate to the Business Development Manager and are an illustration of the qualities that the Company requires: -
- Previous experience of face-to-face selling/presenting is required.
- Previous experience in construction materials and working with distribution/builders merchants is preferred
- Sales Target and Customer centric driven
- Practical knowledge & understanding of construction processes would be preferred
- Builds relationship with client but be firm when needed
- Open and honest attitude to all
- Respect for management & authority at all times
- Upholding company ethos and responsibilities
- Willing to learn and develop, with a self-starter mind-set and an enthusiastic ‘Can do’ attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Proven ability of meeting and exceeding internal and external stakeholder requirements
- Ability to adapt and respond to change
- Excellent time management skills
- Self-motivated with initiative to continue improvement through communication and teamwork
- Previous experience with Microsoft programmes such as Outlook, Excel and Teams.
- Able to demonstrate ability to achieve objectives and exceed expectations
- UK driving license is essential