To maximise relevant business opportunities for each sales region
The candidate must be able to demonstrate they are able to work with and communicate at all levels with a wide range of prospects across all customer types, external sales support and projects team. Reporting directly the Business Development team leader, the candidate is required to follow up live sales enquiries that have been generated by our marketing team (sample requests) and to follow up sales opportunities identified by field sales colleagues & regional Sales Managers. There will also be opportunity to generate commercial project opportunities using construction databases such as Barbour ABI. The role will also involve proactive phone work to other potential customers across the construction industry such as merchants, contractors & architects.
The position is a fulltime internal role and involves telemarketing/teleselling at all levels as required. This will involve identifying & calling new prospects and appointment booking. Will need to work closely with regional teams and others in the business development team.
Please note that this job description is intended only to act as a guide to the requirements of this role and is not an exhaustive list. As such all, job descriptions are non-contractual and may be subject to review and amendment. The Company and management reserve the right to require you to undertake reasonable duties and tasks which are not detailed below.
- Follow up live sales enquiries – sample requests
- Follow up prospective clients identified by the field sales team
- Make introductory calls to new prospects.
- Book CPD presentations with architects when required
- Book appointments for field-based colleagues
- Phone existing clients to provide business updates & generate new enquiries
- Have a good knowledge/grasp of all target sectors
- To follow specific campaigns as set on by business development team leader
- Continually develop Industry knowledge, regulations needed and know-how
The competencies listed are appropriate to the Business Development team and are an illustration of the qualities that the Company requires: -
- Previous experience in Business Development, ideally within the construction industry and dealing with end users, merchants, architects & contractors.
- KPI and target driven
- Persistent yet polite tone on the telephone
- Open and honest attitude to all
- Upholding company ethos and values
- Willing to learn and develop and an enthusiastic ‘Can do’ attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Proven ability of meeting and exceeding internal and external stakeholder requirements
- Ability to adapt and respond to change
- Able to demonstrate ability to achieve objectives and exceed expectations
- Able to handle rejection
- Able to work on their own initiative